“Mathematics in Australia” is a forum in which to discuss various current issues involving mathematics research and education in Australia, particularly with regards to higher education policy and administration.
This site also hosts a number of resources relating to mathematics in Australia, including
- A collection of media articles about the state of mathematics in Australia;
- A collection of studies and reports on Australian mathematical research and education.
At present we have the following regular contributors to this blog:
- Phil Broadbridge is former Director of the Australian Mathematical Science Institute.
- Peter Hall is former President of the Australian Mathematical Society, and an ARC Federation Fellow at the University of Melbourne.
- Nalini Joshi is President of the Australian Mathematical Society, and Head of the School of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Sydney.
- Birgit Loch is Editor of the Gazette of the Australian Mathematical Society, and a Lecturer in Computing at the University of Southern Queensland.
- Terence Tao is the James and Carol Collins Chair and Professor of Mathematics at the University of California, Los Angeles. He is also the primary administrator for this blog.
More regular contributors are expected to join us shortly, as well as several guest contributors. If you wish to contribute a post, link, or other item to this forum, please contact Terence Tao.